Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Week 'Ends' at Piccadilly Square

After spending the entire day at home, watching TV and building my paper models, we decided to head out for dinner.

After several options, we decided to head to Piccadilly Square near Minto Park. Parking would be a problem and joy of all joy, my wife as suggested we bike it there. The Kazi rides again. Well the Kazi has been out quite a bit of late, but every time I get to ride my Hero Honda Karizma, its sheer joy.

So off we rode into the city. As we approached Piccadilly Square, my wife threw the option of French Loaf which we were passing on our side of the road, but a plan was a plan and so we stuck to it and headed to Piccadilly Square.

Once we were there and I had parked the bike, we realised that the little eatery must do really well because it was packed and over-flowing. So I headed in and asked how long it would be before we got a table and was told about 5 minutes. Good thing that it didn’t even take 5, else we’d have gone to plan B, which was French Loaf across the road.

So we got our table and a menu and then my wife pointed out something amazing. This place, as “Phoren” as it did sound was a completely vegetarian joint. Yeah I realised that after sitting and having a look at all the people around us. They had “VEG” written all over their appearances.

Ok ‘so what’ we thought to our selves, we didn’t have to eat meat for it to be a good meal and went out on a limb to give the place a try. My wife popped in and took a look at the salads and ruled those out as the salads didn’t look to exciting, and so we ordered a Mixed Berries Shake while we mulled over what to order.

Finally we decided on a waffle and a wrap and when they came one by one, we just savoured them. The Creamy Mushy Mushroom Waffle was just mind blowing followed by a Popeye’s Pick wrap which was covered in white sauce and stuffed with spinach and a whole lot of other stuff.

I had place for just about one more item and so we decided to make it sweet and the Waffle Dublin Mudslide with a scoop of Ice-cream just made me slip-slide-away into complete bliss.

I’m definitely coming here more often.

Creamy Mushy Mushroom : Rs.95.00
Popeye's Pick : Rs.90.00
Mixed Berries Shake : Rs.70.00
Dublin Mudslide : Rs.115.00

Total : Rs.370.00
Vat 12.5% : Rs.46.25
Amount with Tax : Rs.416.25
Less Round Off : Rs.0.25

Net Amount : Rs.416.00


Piccadilly Square
15B, Sarat Bose Road
Kolkata - 700 020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date