Search This Blog

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Road Trip to Orissa: Day 3

On day three, though we were up and about earlier than the previous day, venturing out was not on the cards. We had heard about some major phenomenon which would attract an estimated 40 lac people to the beach. It was religious thing and the last time it happened was 60 years ago. So the beach was geared up for the sea of humanity. The window of opportunity for a sacred dip was from about 5.15am till 9.17am in the morning and so we just sat around in the hotel, drank some chilled beer, had lunch and I sat out on the porch playing my guitar in the afternoon. I’m glad I had brought it along. Finally after watching the beach for what seemed like forever, I couldn’t resist it any longer and so at about 2.30pm we headed out to the beach. I spent the next 3 hours or so in the water. It was just awesome. I soaked up as much of the surf and sand as I could. Who knew when I would be back to Puri. The day ended with us packing our stuff, eating some more sea-food at the restaurant in the hotel, drinking some more beer and playing some more music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date