Search This Blog

Monday, December 08, 2008

Thoda Puchka, Thoda Chinese

I think all Kolkatan’s should visit the Strand and revive its days of glory, rather than let it be relegated to a paradise for couples tucked away in some shady corner and sometimes rather openly displaying their love for each other on this riverside walkway. To that effect I do make an occasional visit to this street side food paradise. I have a favourite Puchka wallah and make it a point to have some every time I go to the Strand as I did on Friday evening.

After the visit to there I decided to go down to Central Avenue and indulge in some Beer, Chilli Chicken and Mixed Fried Rice. It had been long overdue and thus we ended up in this famous chinece eatery called Chung Wah which is patronised by most office goers in the central business district.

The freaky part is that on either side, the length of the restaurant are cabins that seat 4-6 people which are like private cabins with a curtained entrance especially made for family type patrons in this otherwise frequented watering hole. It’s the ultimate place for Chilli Chicken and Mixed Fried Rice. The cheap booze is just an added bonus.

Chung Wah
13 A & B, Chittaranjan Avenue,
Kolkata - 700072
Tel: +91-33-22277003

1 comment:

  1. Rohit, once I am in town, on Nov 30th, I am gonna hit all the bars you have put up here..can't get better than watering holes with chili chicken. Awesome man.

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts till date