Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Sorry Bhai! I sat through it!

Last evening just for good time pass we decided to catch the 9.45 PM show of Sorry Bhai at Fame Highland Park. It sure was time pass! A silly plot (Bhai comes for Bhai’s wedding and falls in love with the bride to be and she falls in love with him and what ensues), even sillier acting skills peppered with the terror strikes in Mumbai had about 6 of us watching the movie.

Of course while I mention that the much hyped Chitrangada Singh is as gorgeous as a girl gets, she can’t act. Sharman Joshi can but will never become a mainstream Bollywood star. Thank God for putting the two veterans Shabana Azmi and Boman Irani in the movie. I think I managed to watch it just because of their managing to hold their own and not the plot. Sanjay Suri, well he’s ok.

But to my surprise I found an all too familiar name in the casting at the beginning of the movie; my good friend Priyanka Bose and so I watched eagerly till she appeared on screen. Yes that doe eyed girl in the frame mesmerized by the Professor and then in a seductive red dress dancing to the professor’s lovelorn saxophone playing dream sequence and zap, she’s gone just as soon as she appeared. Well it was a lengthier role than the item number in Johnny Gaddar and this time she had some dialogues which she pulled off pretty well. Good stuff Priyanka.

Ok that apart, if you have money to waste and time to kill and it’s a hot day and you’re looking for a place to sleep in the comfort of air-conditioning and recliner chairs, go for this movie. Note I said go, not watch.

1 comment:

  1. yes she's gorgeous. she can act given the right director. check out hazaaro khwaishein aisi.

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts till date