Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Saras Mela 2008

Yesterday after office I decided to drop into the much publicised SARAS MELA 2008 which is happening at the grounds at Kurunamoyee, Salt Lake. The mela started on the 4th and is on till the 14th of December.

I wanted to pick up some handicrafts, if I found anything interesting for my house. And this was an oasis of such stuff from various states of India. Potters, weavers, pickle makers, et al. I did the entire round and also indulged in a snack of Mushroom piyaji at the end of the rounds.
In between while I was going from stall to stall, I recognized a voice I had heard ever so often on the radio. Sure enough it was Lopamudra Mitra belting out some of her popular tracks to entertain the audience. This was the entertainment quotient devised to attract people to the mela.

I finally did pick up some stuff and should be going back to get some other interesting knick-knacks I saw there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date