Search This Blog

Monday, April 07, 2008

In the Middle of the Storm

Finally I have moved to a 5 day working week, which gives me the weekends to indulge in sheer “lukkhagiri” without the pressure of not realising when the weekend started and ended. So now I have Saturday for gallivanting and Sunday for more gallivanting.

I started the first week thus. I made a trip to Gariahat and weaving through some narrow lanes to Fab India. I had heard so much about their flagship store in Kolkata and decided it was finally time to pay the place a visit. Well it sure has a lot of stuff and I was surprised to see this once famous for khadi stuff place now was peddling wares ranging from furniture to food to beauty products. Diversification and branding sure has penetrated the ethos of our generation. Anyway I didn’t buy anything. There was just too much stuff packed into that place and was quite dizzying.

So after that a visit to Forum was on the cards. Out in the rain that was now coming down quite heavily, I decided to be brave and turned into a narrow lane that I hoped would lead to Forum. We geographically, Forum was in that direction and I would land up on some recognisable road that would eventually get me to Forum and I did. Once at Forum, some window shopping finally led to a purchase at Cotton World. I quite like their stuff; they’re simple, neat and trendy.

Anyway post that a long awaited visit to one of my favourite malls, Merlin Homeland. Of course with the promise to me that such weather warranted Momos and Thukpa. So Homeland proved to be another fruitful visit. A Bookshelf and a Wardrobe in the bag built up an appetite so I headed off to Elgin Road to savour some of that delicious food.

The mixed Thukpa is just fabulous at Momo Palace and top it off with gluttonous consumption of 12 momos and a Coke to wash it down made for a perfect way to end day one of the weekend. Well not quite. I topped it off with watching a rerun of The Filmfare Awards on TV. I haven’t watched TV in what seems like months.

Oh and the picture is something I clicked on the way out of Momo Palace. The Thunderstorm had led to the felling of this Traffic Signal Post and blocked of Elgin Road sending traffic into complete disarray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date