Search This Blog

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Wednesday Night @ ROXY


I guess my hang out in Kolkata is going to oscillate between Some Place Else and ROXY. Last night it was the latter. A friend and I went to ROXY. He was quite wasted even before getting there, but I quite enjoyed the evening. The usual model-types were there and since the owner of The Park Hotel, Mr. Karan Paul was there, they buzzed around him mostly, like bees around honey.

I must add that the young lady who manges the place, Nilekha, I think her name was, is superb at her job. She had the right amount of hospitality to loosen the burse of some wealthy customers. A drink here and little chat there and they just started spending. Well thanks to her, my friend who was completely enamored by her charm, finally ended up going home drunk.

Coz when we started out, we were drinking Kingfisher Premium Lager Beer pints. My friend, got the young lady chatting and before I knew it he was odering Laphroaig Single Malt for himself. Also insisting to buy her a drink or several, if she was upto it. Yeah Baileys, why not she replied? Wow!


As for me, I stuck to my couple of beers and enjoyed the entire show. Kind of reminded me of me, maybe about 5 years ago. I thought I was invincible and thought chics dig the brash kind of yuppy guy. Well I realised I crashed and burned on most occasions.

Anyway we guys had fun and that's the bottom line after a hard days work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date