Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

INFOCOM 2006


Yeah this is the biggest IT event of the country. Brought to you by Businesswold and NASSCOM and The Telegragh. Here's where it's happening
Location of INFOCOM 2006
Conference:
Venue: ITC Sonar Bangla, Calcutta
Dates: December 6-9, 2006
Exhibition:
Venue: Salt Lake Stadium grounds
Date: December 6-10, 2006
for more details visit INFOCOM 2006 (website link)

Guess who's in town to inaugurate the event. Ok not the svelte Deepika Padukone (of Kingfisher Calendar fame), who was here to rub shoulders with some 100 CEO's at GCGC (Royal Calcutta Golf Club) at an event for the INFOCOM launch yesterday.

DR. A.P.J. ABDUL KALAM, PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDIA.
Yessir! The man himself. He flew into town last night and in the dead of the night I was witness to the longest motorcade I've seen in my life and yet the quietest one. I managed to capture the cars whizzing past the house close to midnight in the quietest time I've had in Kolkata. The road was sanitized of cars, peaople and most important noise. Wow just to see that motorcade was a sight in itself.

When I say sanitised, this is what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date