Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Birla Mandir


Every time I go past the Birla Mandir on Asutosh Chowdhury Avenue, Ballygunge (and believe me it's nearly every day and atleast twice a day), I keep thinking when I will capture this marvel of Architecture on my camera. Usually the traffic is just too heavy to pull to a side and shoot. Even so, the front view has been done too many times and I just feel there are too many distractions in front which take away the splendour of this beautiful structure.

So last evening I had gone to CIMA Gallery and while pottering around, I caught a glimpse of the temple through one of the windows. You can well imagine my excitment. I finally had a room with a view and a completely different angle to shoot this Marvel. Add to that, the high-rise being constructed in the background added some flavour to the sight.

Anyway, I finally got a shot of the Bilra Mandir.

1 comment:

  1. Nice shot, I have seen Birla Mandir in Jaipur and it's also very beautiful. Thanks for sharing the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts till date