Search This Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Visitor to our Balcony

This afternoon, in the middle of our post lunch siesta, I heard the flurry of feathers and realised something had got our birds in the balcony all worked up. So i jumped up and looked out and behold, there's this magnificent creature perched on top of the cage holding our Budgies and looking down at the little Zebra Finches in the cage across.

I quickly shook my wife and woke her and when she woke up and saw the bird while I was dashing to get my Camera, she was bewildered and just knew that she had to capture the pictures. So as I chnged lenses on the Camera, she prepared herself for the challenge.

Well the pictures below say the rest.






We have no clue what bird this is. I'm guessing it's some kind of Hawk or Falcon. Comments most welcome.

5 comments:

  1. :) nice capture, you can check the link to know more about this bird
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shikra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gautam, thanks for the link. I had visited another one called kolkatabirds.com and wasn't too sure coz there were so many similar looking birds. Shikra is quite likely as we live a few kilometres from Narendrapur Bird Sanctuary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:42 AM

    I think this bird is a Shikra.
    I've seen it around, too..
    Very nice pictures! Well-clicked..

    Please read & promote my post on IndiVine-

    The Tablet Revolutionary

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts till date