Search This Blog

Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Couple Of Days in the Financial Capital...contd. some more

Since I was in the Lokhandwala area, I thought I might as well catch up with friends who were this side of town. So after our meetings, I hung out at some malls in the area and fixed up the plans for the evening. The place was decided and I met Dharmesh again along with one of his friends and we headed out to Firangi Paani. The place was huge and there was a live act which was supposed to start later on. So while we hung out with some beers, I noticed that this place was quite popular with the TV crowd. Mona Singh was there with friends having a blast. Unlike us, out-of-towners who look at them, most Mumbaikars couldn’t be star-struck.

I need to do some shopping and took some time out and headed to the close by Lokhandwala Market and with the help of my sister in law managed to get some great deals (she’s good at this bargaining thing) on some stuff for my wife. That done I headed back to Firangi Paani to join my friends.

After a while Vikrant & Kajari from Delhi (now married to each other and well settled in Mumbai) joined us. Gosh! I’m seeing them after several years now. So we got straight down to the business of catching up. We moved to less noisy side of the restaurant as the live band had started performing and believe it or not, Pooja Bedi was sitting at the table next to us. Oh OK, that me again, being an out of towner and being amazed. These Mumbaikars couldn’t be bothered. Anyway after some time, Dharmesh and his friend called it a night and we guys carried on for a while longer. There was so much to catch up. Vikrant, had nearly given this meeting, as he was dealing with the loss of his Mahindra Scorpio which had got stolen that day.

But when we finally left, we were all glad that we met up.

I took an auto back to Bandra and called it a night. The next day, we had a meeting in the morning and left for Kolkata by the late afternoon Spice Jet flight. Thank god it was a direct one. I wouldn’t be able to deal with another flight to Kolkata via Delhi.

It was a nice couple of days in Mumbai, the Financial Capital of India.



Vikrant & Me.

Kaajari, Myself & Vikrant.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:03 AM

    :-)... yeaaah it wasss so much fun... It was a very weird day... losing a car but finding n catching up with a friend... I HAD A BLAST

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts till date