Search This Blog

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Books & Beyond

There’s always something to do on a weekend if you look hard enough. I had remembered my boss telling me about this book sale that was happening at Prudential Hall next to Peter Cat and how he had bought a whole lot of them for a steal. So once I was back from Mumbai, I told my wife, who loves reading books about the sale and off we went. Books & Beyond, the erstwhile book store of the RPG Group was clearing out stocks and everything was up for grabs at a flat 50%. My wife went a bit dizzy and after a bit so did I, carrying that load. I think we ended up buying some 14-15 books.

Since we were in the area, I decided to check out Emami Market (popularly called Landmark). At one time this was “the mall” and I had never seen it till date. So off we went. When we got there, I was kind of disappointed because the way people had gone on and on about Landmark in its hay-day this place was tacky and puny compared to the malls of today. Kind of reminded me of the 5 mall day when I had visited the likes of AC Market. Anyway we were committed having come thus far and so after getting a parking spot we explored the mall. I went about on my expedition of finding a measuring tape to no avail, but we did end up buying Needles and thread from this place.

After that we indulged ourselves in some softy right outside the entrance and then called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date