Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2007

Around Town

I finally got to get on my Karizma after what seemed like an eternity and took it for a spin around town on a bright and sunny Sunday. It was late morning and after filling in some petrol I went down Park Street to New Market. While going over the Park Street flyover I couldn’t help stopping to capture the beautiful view of the Vidyasagar Setu. The shot of the Floodlights towering over the Eden gardens had nothing to do with me reminiscing about our Cricket team’s dismal performance and early exit from the world cup. It just seemed like something one needed to capture from here. Apart from that the road ahead was inviting and just before I was ready to head out, I took the final shot of the Victoria Memorial and the steeple of St. Paul’s Cathedral rising over the tree line of the Maidan.

The rest of the ride took me to New Alipore, Hastings, Racecourse and the final speed run over the 2.5 km AJC Bose Road Flyover. Back at park Circus, it was time for my bike to go in for it’s scheduled service. I dropped it off and hope I get it back today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date