Off to Chennai for a couple of days. I'm on family duty to escort my wife's maternal grandmother from Chennai to Kolkata. So while I'm in Chennai, I'm going to make most of my time doing some sightseeing and indulging in some photography.
Arriving at Chennai Airport, the first order of business is switching on my phone and logging into UBER. Cab booked, I exit the gate and lo behold across the road in the Arrival parking area is a Stall "MADRAS COFFEE HOUSE". Yeah I guess a Coffee is welcome after a Two and a half hour flight. I've got about 10 minutes before my UBER Cab arrives anyway. What was fascinating for me was the "Madras" as opposed to "Chennai". I'm sure a lot of us still prefer the "Old Names" Bombay/Mumbai, Calcutta/Kolkata, Bangalore/Bengaluru, Delhi/Dilli and the latest victim Gurgaon/Gurugram.
Anyway as I took the last sip of that splendid Coffee, the cab arrived and I was on my way.
Comments
Post a Comment