Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Cute Little Tea Paradise

When my wife called me and said she wanted to have tea this evening, it seemed like the strangest request, especially when she's not really a tea drinker. Anyway, I played along and wondered how this sudden desire to drink tea. And then she went on to specify where exactly she wanted to have tea. She mentioned the place and I said I'd meet her after work and so in the evening I made my way down Lansdowne Road. A bit of a problem finding the place, but then I guess I wasn't following directions as specified. The Lane between Jai Hind Dhaba and Samilton Hotel. Do that I you can't miss the Bright Green Sign-age of this cute little place.

I had a to wait a bit before my wife arrived, so I scoped out the place a bit. Lovely soothing yet happy green shade on the walls. The white Cane chairs inside and I think 3-4 coupĂ© tables outside. those will be nice in winter. Everything about the place seemed well thought of and hand picked. The tea menu card was nicely done. Food as accompaniment was a fairly decent spread. But what was a shocker was that it was 100% Vegetarian Fare. Well, well being one of those hard core meat eaters, this was going to be a challenge.

So my wife finally arrived and we got to the business of ordering. What can I say the tea arrived. One sip and yes this place lived up to it's name. The tingling sensations on the pallete, beautiful aromas and lingering taste of mint from my iced tea was just what was needed after a hard day.

Then the food arrived. I was amazed by the simplicity yet ingenuity of presenting Vegetarian food and making it look so inviting. Believe it or not, the cheese rollers left me salivating for more followed by the Mozzarella on Toast, which did spice up things and then the wonderful concept of Cinnamon with sugar on toast completely balanced out what was intended as a light snack to a wholesome meal.

Definitely will head back there on a regular basis to sample the entire menu over time.


HERBS TULSI MINT ICED TEA (RS. 97)*
HERBS MANGO ICED TEA (RS. 113)*
CHEESE ROLLERS (RS. 97)*
MOZZARELLA ON TOAST (RS. 125)*
CINNAMON TOAST (RS. 99)*
* taxes extra

THE TEA BUSH TABLE
5 B, ASHTON ROAD, KOLKATA - 700020
TEL: 033 40013937
WEB: www.ttbt.in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date