Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Wilderness Comes to Our Doorstep

I was on my way to a photo shoot and left the house at around 12:45pm. I had to get to the location by 1:30pm and just as I made my way down the stairs to the landing, a gentleman stops me and points to what I realise is the tail of a snake making its way across the path. I immediately dove in form my camera, switched it on while running nimbly towards the undergrowth the snake had gone into. I fired off a couple of shots, before it went into the undergrowth, only to realise that I had kept the settings on Manual and low shutter speed from shooting last night.

Yikes! I think I missed an opportunity of a lifetime. Not that I was giving up. I decided to camp there for a while; the cold blooded beauty had to come out sooner or later. Meanwhile, squatting on my haunches, I adjusted the settings, with one eye on my weapon and the other on the bush. A 10 minute wait and voila, I see the head pop out upwards. I a split second, I managed to got a couple of shots off. Then I realised that the sound of the shutter, had an effect on the creature as it dived back down.
Another short wait and it made a dash for it and I got bolder and closer and followed it around firing off one shot after another. Gosh this was getting to be awesome, and by some twist of fate, I got a glance off at my wrist. The time on my watch read 1:10pm. What? I was going to have to leave this beautiful reptile in peace and probably chance upon it some other day. I so was looking forward to a full frontal shot of its head.
Anyway, below are some of the shots I did capture.






2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:53 PM

    Oh my god the last one is super scary....
    Great work Rohit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I could've stayed longer and shot off some more, but was in a rush. Glad you liked the pics.

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts till date