Search This Blog

Friday, September 03, 2010

Another Celebrity supports the Great Wall

Man I gotta say, this Great Wall of Education is really going off the charts. I got there this evening and the count on the wall was 82,000+ books with nearly another 22,000+ books received through donations that hadn't gone on the wall. Last eveings closing count was 58,100. I wonder what today's count will end at.

As I was getting ready to leave, Roopa Ganguly arrived with a couple of books in her hand. She flew all the way from Mumbai when she heard of the cause. I am really glad that celebrities are lending their support for this cause. This is really inspiring common people of Kolkata to come forward and contribute to this noble cause.
Roopa Ganguly with RJ Radhica from 91.9 Friends FM
Roopa Ganguly also signed each of those books she donated.
Those will fetch a hefty sum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date