Search This Blog

Saturday, September 13, 2008

ABBA Music Resurrected yet again

Mama Mia is a brilliant film. Well if you’re from the generation that grew up on Abba. I’d not recommend the movie unless you’ve actually first heard at least the best of Abba on your music system and that too several times. Well that advice is for all the teeny boppers.

Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan are just brilliant accompanied by Colin Firth who always brings that wry British humour to any movie he’s in.

The music of the movie is based on songs of the super group of yesteryears “Abba”. I remember about a decade ago there was this huge resurrection of the super group down under. I forget the movie that did it, but I’m glad that Hollywood is working to keep classic music alive. I remember just a short while ago watching a great movie base don the songs of The Beatles called “Across the Universe”.

I highly recommend this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date