Search This Blog

Thursday, September 04, 2008

SJC94 get together at Magnolias

I was looking forward to this Get together for a long time. Finally the meeting was a blast. For most of the part before getting there, I was just wondering to myself, it would be most embarrassing if I couldn't recognise the boys. The last time I had seen them was in 1994. Fortunately I was banking on Debdeep being there since I had bumped into him several times when my office was next door to his and we'd end up meeting when we were out for a smoke, tea and “shingara”.

Rajarshi, too I was sure I'd recognise, as I inherited his work folders as he was part of the team that had initiated the Radio Project for ABP. Of course with that I also inherited a whole lot of other interesting stuff. Shows how "hard" he was working on the project. The rest were just faint memories.

But the moment I arrived at Magnolia’s and went up to the first floor, it was great to instantly recognise Nizar, who I had been speaking with on and off but never managed to meet. Dhurjati was also easy to recognise. The others took a bit of time, but then the faces started falling into place. Prabir was one of the familiar faces. Arijit who has turned out to grow to "three times" the boy he was in school and I mean literally, took the longest.

The best part about the entire evening was that though we guys and I mean most of us, were meeting after years, one thing that remained is the basic intrinsic people we were back then had not changed. Size, shapes and careers might be diverse, but we're all still the same people we were back in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date