Search This Blog

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Treasure Trove of Bandhs

Day before yesterday, we came across a Rahmania at Calcutta Greens Commercial Complex, right next to our new apartment complex and decided to try it out. Though it seemed empty and the chicken and egg wasn’t forthcoming, we settled for Mutton. So a Mutton Biryani, Mutton Pasinda, Mutton Kosha, 3 Rumali Rotis, 2 Green Salads and 2 200 ml Pepsi’s set us back Rs. 235/-. I was surprised that they even gave us finger bowls to wash our hands. Must I add that I thoroughly enjoyed the meal and stuffed myself as usual?

Once home in the back of beyond, I settled down to watch National Treasure: Book of Secrets way into the night. Nicholas Cage has done it again with his second coming of treasure hunting. I’m really fascinated by how people can come up with stories such as these. Some conspiracy theory minds at work yet very believable.

Yesterday I couldn’t make it into work because of yet another Bandh called by the Forward Bloc and supported by the Trinamul Congress (Mamta’s party). Well they had reason to, after the live footage of people being shot dead by police at some rally being aired on Star Ananda the day before. Anyway there was nothing much to do but watch movies at home. So I watched The Devil Wears Prada, yet again. I also caught up on some music which I hadn’t heard in a long, long time.
Since the price of the meal seems unbelievable to some people, I am giving the entire break up (Mutton Biryani Rs.60/-, Mutton Pasinda Rs.60/-, Mutton Kosha Rs.60, 2 plate Green Salad Rs. 20, 2 Pepsi 200ml Rs.20, 3 Rumali Rotis Rs.15/-). Happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date