Search This Blog

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Tantra, I'm never Goin there Again

Man it's been a while since I did justice to what I had set out to do on this blog. So here's an update from the city of joy. I've got to add its 6 pm and on a Saturday evening I haven't a clue what the F&%# am doing in office especially after getting home a bit past 6 am this morning.

Anyway yesterday after making a hasty exit from our MD's review presentation and I must add it was awesome, we went for the Kolkata Ad Club Awards night at Swabhumi. Apart from the fact that Arnabi the Radio Mirchi RJ who was compeering a completely chaotic awards ceremony and we reached halfway through the show, we made it in time to pick up the coveted Advertiser of the Year award among several others. Once done the floodgates of the Bar were opened and booze flowed and people drank and more booze flowed and more people started getting drunk and need I say more on a typical gathering of Admen spiked with Alcohol to set their creative spirits free and several of them intoxicated with the recognition represented in valuable metals.

Anyway several whiskies’s down, I head for Some Place Else where I met up with some friends and made several more and then we headed out to ROXY where after several beers the dance floor was more or less occupied by us. All that dancing led us to the famed Tantra.

OK believe me if you've heard stories about this place. They're all true and much more. I had heard that women are waiting to be picked up and so was a bit sceptical. But since we were quite a few of us, I took the safety in numbers bait and headed in. Believe it or not in 10 minutes, OK 20 at most, I got to the side of the dance floor with my back to the wall to light up a cigarette. The next thing I know there's a girls dancing in front of me practically giving me a lap dance (well if I was sitting). Imagine that. It doesn't end there, there seemed to be threw of these girls waiting in cue to try their luck.

Anyway shortly after that I was ready to leave and we left.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Man, r stags allowed in ROXY..m new to this place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sangu, Stags do get in, but you're got to build up equity and become a regular. So I suggest you go there with regulars the first couple of times, then get pally with the guys and they'll let you in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thnx for replying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No sweat. Hope you get in and have a blast.

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts till date