Search This Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Kazi meets with its first inflight infliction

Yes finally, this morning, I met with my first bike accident in Kolkata. And accidents are your own fault. Riding I believe is something that requires one's utmost concentration. This morning I left home on my bike with too many things on my mind. Matter's of consequence, but then matter's that had nothing to do with my Kazi. And for once I wasn't true to my her. The rider and bike ought to become one when one is astride his machine.

Anyway I rode out from home, took the left and just outside Don Bosco School, a silver Santro came sppeding towards me on the wrong side of the road. I reacted, but not to the environment around me, only to the car hurtling towards me. I faled to realise the other people occupying the road. So while I veered left and saved myself from the oncoming Santro, on my Extreme left were two cyclist following a hand pulled rickshaw. I should've realised that the first cyclist was going into an overtaking maneuver with the richshaw. So while he steeered right to overtake the rick, he was directly infront of me, I stepped on the brakes, the bike held for a bit, then went into a skid, I handled her back to balance, but too late.

IMPACT.

When I sttod back up a bit disoriented, I noticed that there was a woman near the pavement, a boy picking up his bycycle and a fairly decent gathering around us. And all this in a matter of seconds. I instantly enquired and went forward to help the woman, and while the mob was turning hostile, the gesture instantly disarmed them. I offered to assist all who were hurt, if at all badly with medical attention at a nearby hospital. It was only then that some people actually enquired if I had been hurt too. Sure enough, my pant was ripped near the left knee and when I lifted my trouser I had a gash on my left knew which was considerably swolen.

It wasn't long before all setllements had been made, with the bicycle boy, the lady and the rickshaw puller and I proceeded to the workshop with my bike. I quite popular there, and the moment I came in they were not surprised that the bike had been damaged yet again. Anyway all the formalities done, a change of handle and other sundry repairs that would be required, I left the bike and the place to head straight for FORUM Mall. I couldn't go home, especially after the lecture I had got at the dining table from my aunt for coming home at 5 AM for the 3rd time this week.

10.30 AM, Shoppers Stop was still closed, and I headed straight for the Adidas store there. Am a popular visitor there too and got excellent service and walked out in a new pair of Cargos and a checked shirt. From there to office.

I'm just wondering if it I had managed to capture pics of all these events transpiring this morning, it would have made for a funny story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date