For the past six years, I’ve been meaning to do something about getting Google Maps navigation onto the screen of our car. Six years! And for one reason or another, I just never got around to it.
Today, as I got into the car, I finally decided enough was enough. Five to seven minutes of connecting my phone, downloading a couple of apps and—voilà!—our Wagon R now has Maruti Suzuki SmartPlay working on its infotainment system. Suddenly, I feel like I’m going to get a whole lot more out of a system that has been sitting there all these years!
With my newly upgraded navigation setup, I headed out to Dum Dum Park, which is pretty much on the other side of town from us. As I got onto the E.M. Bypass, I spotted an absolutely amazing bus. I caught up with it at the next signal and managed to click a few photographs from behind. Then I tried getting some shots while driving alongside it.
Near Ruby, I finally overtook it—and that's when I got a glimpse of what the front looked like in my rear-view mirror.
I was tempted.
I seriously considered gaining some distance, pulling over and waiting for the bus to catch up so I could get a proper frontal photograph. But the traffic was heavy, I was already running late, and common sense eventually won. I gave up and continued on my way.
When I got home, I showed the photographs to my wife. She couldn't believe what she was looking at. And when I described the front of the bus, she immediately reached for her phone, convinced that something this bizarre must have already made its way onto some content creator's YouTube channel.
Sure enough, a few minutes later, she was sharing a YouTube video with me!
So, apparently, I wasn't the first person to be fascinated by this crazy-looking bus. 😄
I'm sharing the video here too, because sometimes you come across things on Kolkata's roads that are so bizarre, you simply have to see them to believe them.
And yes, I really wish I had stopped to get that front-facing photograph!
No comments:
Post a Comment