Every now and then, when I visit my Aunt’s place in Park Circus, I love heading up to the terrace with my camera. There’s something about looking out over Kolkata from above—the city’s ever-changing skyline always seems to offer something new and interesting to capture.
The towering presence of The 42 rising over Chowringhee is hard to miss. With its impressive height, it has added a whole new dimension to Kolkata’s skyline and is a reminder that the City of Joy can still surprise you. One might naturally imagine Mumbai, with its forest of skyscrapers, holding the distinction of having India’s tallest building, but Kolkata never ceases to surprise.
The Maa Flyover, which came up right in front of the house, also offers some wonderful opportunities for dramatic photography, adding yet another interesting element to the constantly evolving cityscape.
After spending the day at my Aunt’s place, we headed back home, stopping for dinner at KFC in Kasba. A simple end to a day that began with family, a little photography, and some great views of the city I love.
Comments
Post a Comment