Search This Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Classic Car Spotted, Fiat 1100

 I wasn't doing anything in particular today and so imagine my surprise when I had decided to take a stroll around the neighbourhood and right outside my gate I saw this car! I knew it was a Classic as soon as I spotted it. The hood was up and i stood around till the driver got in and started it.

It was a nice 10 minutes of AutoMania for me. I didn't get to chat with them, but I figured it was a Fiat 1100 and that to in immaculate condition.

The Fiat 1100/103 was imported to India and sold by Premier Automobiles Limited (PAL). The older model was known as the Millecento and the one with the centre light on the front grille (1100/103 E) as the Elegant. In 1958, the 1100/103 D tailfin model was introduced as the Select. It was followed by the Super Select in 1961. By 1964, the 1100 D was introduced and it was assembled in India by PAL. This model has most of the parts manufactured locally. In India it was considered a sportier alternative than the Hindustan Ambassador.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date