Skip to main content

Rubi's Grill

After sitting home all day, by evening we were in no mood to indulge in the same old 'Home Delivery" items. We'd done Domino's, Shiraz, Don Giovani's, etc to death. I was time to head out and try something new. A little bit of R&D on-line and my wife found this place called Rubi's Grill and so I called them and asked for directions and by about half past 8, we were on road heading towards this eatery.

We had no idea what it would be like, but when we pulled up outside the Restaurant on Dover Lane, we already started getting a good vibe. Stepping inside the gate, a nice set-up of "khats" welcomed us. This was nice. Popped my head in and enquired about a table for two, and were told that we'd have to wait for about half an hour. From the looks of the place, yeah we were willing to wait.

So while my wife made herself on one of the "Khats" and checked out the menu, I indulged in some clicking. Before we knew it, we were seated inside at a cosy little table for two. We ordered a couple of drinks and our starters. Well the food does take some time to come, but believe me it's worth the wait. So when our starters arrived we headed decided on our main course and placed the order. I also ordered my dessert because the way that Caramel custard was being served and ordered at every table, I didn't want to reach the end of the meal, order it and find out they had run out of the Caramel Custard. OK I'm not going to say any more and let the Pics do the rest of the talking.


Cheese Fries

Corn Dog

Lasagna

Spare Ribs

Mashed Potato

Chocolate Mouse

Caramel Custard

The Meal
Cheese Fries Rs.  72.00
Corn Dog         Rs. 108.00
Green Apple Soda Rs.  54.00
Strawberry Soda Rs.  54.00
Lsagna Rs. 198.00
Spare Ribs Rs. 261.00
Mash Potato Rs.  45.00
Caramel Custard Rs.  72.00
Chocolate Mouse Rs.  81.00
---------------------------------
Total: Rs. 945.00 (rates inclusive of taxes)
---------------------------------

Definitely going back here to try some other stuff on the menu.

Rubi's Grill
7/2 B, Dover Lane,
Kolkata - 700029

Tel#: 40056001

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 7 Wonders at Eco Park

Pyramid & Sphinx Our last excursion to Eco Park in Rajarhat dates all the way back to February 2015. Since then, a myriad of transformations has swept through the park. During a recent journey to the airport, we caught sight of the park's latest additions, which had become the talk of the town, visible from Biswa Banga Sarani. That sighting ignited our decision to revisit the park. Naturally, we concurred that visiting on a weekend would be an exercise in chaos, so we opted for a weekday to fully savor the wonders that awaited us. To our surprise, even on a weekday, the park teemed with visitors. Upon entering Eco Park for a nominal fee of Rs. 30, we were immediately struck by the sheer value it offered. Personally, I would have willingly paid more for the privilege of glimpsing these marvelous creations. Rather than expound further, I'll let the images convey the essence of what lies within. That being said, it unquestionably merits an in-person visit to truly appreciate ...

AKIRA: A Tiny Japanese Universe in Kolkata

Since we were already out and dinner was calling, we decided to keep things light and find somewhere nearby. A quick search by my wife produced a promising result—a new Japanese place just 9 minutes away , according to Google. Nine minutes? That sounded dangerously convenient. And so off we went to AKIRA , a cute little Japanese cuisine restaurant that is, by almost every definition of the word, tiny . But what it lacks in size, it makes up for in character. The place is done up in Japanese Pop Culture, with Anime and Manga influences everywhere you look. We arrived and, as expected, had to wait a little before we could get in. Which was perfectly fine by me. Because parked outside were two rather handsome motorcycles—a Honda CB350 and a Honda H'ness CB350 . Now, I have a weakness for motorcycles, and apparently, so did the universe that evening. I was admiring the two bikes when the owner of the CB350 appeared. One thing led to another and within seconds we were engaged in that v...

HAL Heritage Centre and Aerospace Museum

I was in Bangalore and this was the only place I actually wanted visit. So here I am taking the tour of India's first aerospace museum located at the HAL facility (opposite the old Bangalore Airport) spread over 4 acres. The displays of actual aircraft are very cool and so are the galleries showing historical pictures and evolution of HAL and its contribution to the nation in Military Aircraft as well as Aerospace. The disappointing thing at the end of the tour was the Gift shop, where I was hoping to find Scale Models of Aircraft and other Memorabilia from the IAF (Indian Air Force), but instead it was a dreary sight to see a shelf which housed Handicrafts! That just didn't make any sense whatsoever. Anyway for those of you who would like to visit this wonderful Museum, the details are below: HF-24 Marut 1T (D1698) IAF MIG-21 Bison (Trainer Version) HAL HJT-36 Sitara (IJT), Intermediate Jet Trainer Prototype. HAL Tejas mock-up (LCA) Light Weight...