Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

Open Mike at Some Place Else


So I popped across the road and bumped into my cuz Rahul outside the Park Hotel. I was hanging out and waiting Vishal. I called and found out he'd be there in 15 odd minutes. So I decided to head into Some Place Else.

I found Rahul and his friends outside and asked what was wrong and they told me that they weren't being allowed in. So I helped them get in to the Mecca of Live Music.

Inside things were starting up. Neel Adhikari on the Mic was announcing the entrants of tonight's session. Finally the session started with the first performer of the night. Pretty and petite Sukanya strutted up and down getting her music together and finally started to awe the crowd with her deep and powerful voice. She put up an awesome performance and got the thumbs up to do a second number.

All I can say is that Some Place Else has just found one great performer, both in the looks and the voice department. Am sure after that performance on stage tonight, she'll have a lot of suitors and is going to be approached by bands looking for a great singer.

After Sukanya's two songs, things went downhill on the Open Mic. Thank god Vishal had come by then. So we hung out catching up and having a couple of beers. The next hour went by in a jiffy and we decided to catch up the next time he was in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date