Search This Blog

Friday, November 06, 2009

Early Morning Ride to the Maidan

This has got to be the funniest thing that happened to us during our holiday. Among the things planned on our to-do list for the holiday, was a visit to the Alipore Zoo. So suddenly on a Thursday my wife co-ordinated with my in-laws as they had told us they would also love to go as it had been years since they had gone to the zoo, and the plan was scheduled for early morning on Friday.

So as always, we didn’t really get to sleep early with the stress of rising early in the morning. Of course we did and in fact earlier than expected. My wife was up before dawn and prepared some sandwiches which we packed. We got all ready and hit the road by 6.30am. A little before 7.00 we were at the Zoo and to our surprise my in-laws were waiting outside to give us the news. I parked my bike and got all set for our little picnic and as I crossed the road towards them, I noticed that they were laughing their guts out. As I approached they informed us that the Zoo only opens at 9.00 am. I was devastated, but an immediate alternative saved the morning. We decided to go to the Maidan and have our Sandwiches there. And that is exactly what we did.

Munching our Sandwiches with a view of the vast Green lung of Kolkata is quite a sight early in the morning. One must try it.

The Zoo trip, well after that, I wasn’t really in the mood to go there, so we’ve decided to go some other time during winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date