Skip to main content

Back on The Road

It’s been like forever that I got on to my bike. A couple of weeks ago I finally took it out of the garage, gave it a complete wash down and then spent a good amount of time bringing the beast to life. I had not ridden it in months and the battery was down and I had to kick and kick and kick to start the bike. The electric start wouldn’t work after such a long break. I finally did manage to get it to fire up and it spewed black smoke from the exhaust. A bit of sputtering and it was lifeless again. Another couple of kicks on the peddle and I managed to fire it up again. I twisted the throttle and kept it there, pushed down into first gear and just let her go. I made sure that I wouldn’t let up on the accelerator lest the bike shuts down again. I rode like that to a petrol pump filled some gas and again spent time kicking it back to life.

The next stop was the workshop. Mallu Motors where I left it for some major servicing and cleaning. The next day I picked up my bike all shining like new. It even sounded so nice when I kicked it to life. That muted rumbling was music to my ears. So I rode off home. The battery needed to be changed, but that was something I’d do later. I could use the exercise kick starting my bike whenever I rode it. Well so I thought. Well it was going to be one kick start to many as I realised when the bike suddenly stopped on the way. Was it the fuel, well maybe I need to get some filled? So while I was on the way there, the bike stopped several times in the midst of peak evening traffic. Anyway I managed to get to the Petrol pump on The R.B. Connector and treated the Kazi to a full tank of Indian Oil Xtra Premium Petrol.

Once out the problem persisted and it was quite painful to get back home with constant stopping. I found the problem finally when I got back home. The Spark Plug connector was shorting with the engine body and I guessed electricity wasn’t passing smoothly. Anyway I took it back to Mallu Motors today and to my surprise they didn’t have the spare part. So one of the mechanics used some black electrical tape and did a temporary fix which worked just fine. Back on my bike, it was now running smoothly and flying into fifth gear in a jiffy.

I’m so glad to be back on my Karizma. Yippie!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Udaipur Palace Vintage and Classic Car Collection

The Udaipur Palace Vintage and Classic Car Collection Vintage and Classic Car Museum is a car museum in Udaipur in Rajasthan state in India, having some of the rarest classic and vintage car collection. This museum is owned by Rana Sriji Arvind Singh Mewar. The Vintage and Classic Car Museum, or Vintage & Classic Car Collection was unveiled to general public on 15 February 2000. It was inaugurated by Lord Montagu of Beaulieu, founder of the National Motor Museum in England. The Vintage & Classic Car Collection is a car collection and a museum, showing all the vehicles belonging to the Maharanas of Mewar both past and present. The collection is housed in the original former Mewar State Motor Garage, which currently serves as this museum. Garden Hotel and Restaurant, a property of HRH Group of Hotels, Udaipur, is also contained within the garage’s grounds. The semi-circular motor garage with its forecourt is housed within a greater courtyard. It also houses one of th...

The 7 Wonders at Eco Park

Pyramid & Sphinx Our last excursion to Eco Park in Rajarhat dates all the way back to February 2015. Since then, a myriad of transformations has swept through the park. During a recent journey to the airport, we caught sight of the park's latest additions, which had become the talk of the town, visible from Biswa Banga Sarani. That sighting ignited our decision to revisit the park. Naturally, we concurred that visiting on a weekend would be an exercise in chaos, so we opted for a weekday to fully savor the wonders that awaited us. To our surprise, even on a weekday, the park teemed with visitors. Upon entering Eco Park for a nominal fee of Rs. 30, we were immediately struck by the sheer value it offered. Personally, I would have willingly paid more for the privilege of glimpsing these marvelous creations. Rather than expound further, I'll let the images convey the essence of what lies within. That being said, it unquestionably merits an in-person visit to truly appreciate ...

Vintage Car Show 2018 at The Tollygunge Club

1947 MG TC So here we are once more at The Tollygunge Club on a cold winter morning to catch some rare beauties to warm our hearts. I try to catch these every year if possible and after my recent trip and the number of cars I've seen on it, one would think I'd give it a miss. This year's collection had most of the usual cars with an addition of some more to the fray.  What disappointed though was the limited number of super cars on display. But all that said, it's always a joy to see these wonderful gems still being cared for by their owners and offering us a glimpse into automotive history. So with that much said, I hope you'll enjoy the pictures of the cars below. 1947 MG TC 1938 Rolls-Royce 1938 Rolls-Royce 1953 Land Rover 1932 Ford V8 1932 Ford V8 1950 Cadillac V8 1950 Cadillac V8 1950 Cadillac V8 1956 BSA Bantam 1952 Willy's Jeep 1962 Triumph Spitfire 1962 Triumph Spitfire 1925...