Search This Blog

Monday, February 05, 2007

Procession Leads to Traffic Jam

The Firday night traffic jam outside my place was one of the worst I've seen till date. OK Muharram might have been a bit worse, but for the first time I saw traffic headed towards the bridge spilling over to the other side too.

Anyway I got on the pavement and managed to get home. Only once I was up on the 4th floor did I realise how ludicrous the situation really was. And guess what? I had plans to go out. How on earth was I gonna get out of this one. Anyway I did manage to, since the traffic did clear out by 10 pm.

Worthy of mention was a band playing at Some Place Else. Jazz is always welcome and soothing to my ears and Pink Noise as the band was called did a fine jig that evening. Comprising of erstwhile members of bands, most notably "Amyt Dutta" of "Shiva" fame (the Most rocking band in Kolkata of my school days).

Pink NoiseGyan Singh - Bass
Amyt Dutt - Guitar
Jivraj 'Jiver' Singh - Drums
Jayashree - Vocals

When I finally got home, a blanket of fog lay seige upon Kolkata and it was Winter was making a last ditch effort to linger on. I think it lost as the next morning was bright and sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date