Search This Blog

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mamta's TMC Stikes Again

I was just on my way back from the printers at Tangra and at about 1 pm reached the Park Circus round about. As I came upon the round about, in a flash out of nowhere throngs of people waving flags descended upon the road and blocked traffic. Mamta’s TMC Party was at it again. It was a chaka-jam. I haven’t a clue what their demands were, but they sure had brought traffic to a grinding halt. I quickly took a u-turn, parked my car next to the Park Circus Maidan, jumped out, pulled out my camera and captured some of the action on the road. I then headed back to Congress exhibition road and managed to skirt the disruption in the nick of time to head back to office via Theatre Road.

Once back in office I managed to catch the news on all the local channels. Apparently, they had sprung up at various crossings of Kolkata and stopped traffic for an hour or so. I still don’t know what this was about. Guess it must be warming up for the general elections and making her party’s presence felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date