Search This Blog

Friday, July 01, 2011

Anjan finally found Ranjana

Last evening I went to Big Cinemas to watch the much hyped and talked about new film 'Ranjana Ami Ar Ashbo Na' by Singer/Writer/Actor/Director - Anjan Dutt. I really can't remember the last time I watch a Bengali film, and that too on big screen.

Anyway, the script was decent, acting was a also decent, with some high points here and there. Parno Mittra did a decent job, but has a long way to go on her acting skills, but still managed to pull off a believable performance. I'd have thought, being surrounded by legendary rockers like Lou, Amit & Nandan, her performance on stage as a rocker would have been better. She missed some of the finer nuances of being a singer/rocker on the stage scenes. But that said some of the emotional scenes between her and Anjan Dutt were very nicely done.

Anjan, well he was Anjan. I might be a bit biased in my opinion having dealt with the Anjan Da in real life, he was himself. Ofcourse I will add that he did put on a good performance on screen.

The characters I liked in terms of their performance as actors on screen were those of Ushasie Chakraborty, as a reporter with Star Ananda and Lew Hilt, the basist of Anjan's band and dear friend in the movie. Both of them played their parts really well.

The music in the movie was ok and very basic. I didn't think there was any song, well except the legendary opening song "Ranjana'.

Overall 'Ranjana Ami Ar Ashbo Na' was worth the money I spent.

Movie: Ranjana Ami Ar Ashbo Na [click for website]
Language: Bengali
Cast and Crew
Director: Anjan Dutt
Produced by: R Sarkar
Music By: Neel Dutt.
Cast : Anjan Dutt, Parno Mittra, Amyt Datta, Lew Hilt, Nondon Bagchi, Kanchan Mullick, Ushasie Chakraborty, Abir Chatterjee, Deborshi Barat, Kausik Ghosh, Suman Dey, Kabir Suman, Mamata Shankar.

1 comment:

  1. Rohit, i saw Anjan once, but never really interacted with him..I saw his Madly Banglee and some of the telefilms that he produced they were fairly decent, I actually quite like Madly Bangalee..

    so I have a picture of what kind of person might be..but how is like in real life?

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts till date